Making your own home made Ginger Beer is really easy.
- 4,5 l water
- 28 g whole ginger
- 2 cups sugar
- 10 g active dry yeast
- 1 lemon
- Boil the water, bruise the ginger and add to hot water with the sugar. Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour into an enamel jug or pail and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Combine the active dry yeast with 1 teaspoon sugar and add 1 cup luke-warm water. Put aside in a warm place for 5 to 10 minutes or until it starts to ferment. Add to the sugar-water
- Cut the lemon into thin slices and add.
- Allow to stand for 24 hours. Strain through a damp cloth.
- Pour into bottle and cork tightly. It will be ready for use in 1 – 2 days.