calming, Essential oil, Flowers, geranium oil, high anxiety, leaves, menopause, oliy skin, Pelargonium, Pelargonium Graveolens, PMT, quotes, Rose Geranium, Rose geranium oil, Shampoo Rose geranium oil, South African endemic plant, waterwise
This wonderful plant is easy to propagate. Take a cutting and plant in a well composted hole in the ground with a sunny aspect. Watering well until these are signs of good new growth. Thereafter is can be quite waterwise.
Rose Geranium and the plant can be used in many different ways.
- Easing tension
- Fighting anxiety
- Pre-Menstrual tension (PMT)
- Menopause problems
- Poor circulation
The leaves are used to make a herbal tea.
Diluted Essential Oil on the skin, rose geranium oil helps to balance the secretion of sebum and clears sluggish and oily skins, while the antiseptic and cicatrisant properties make this oil an effective aid to help with burns, wounds, ulcers and other skin problems.
- Burners and vaporizers
- In vapor therapy rose geranium oil can be used to help relieve stress, mild depression, PMS, anxiety and tension, menopausal problems and for general energizing.
- Blended massage oil or in the bath
- Rose geranium oil can be used in blended massage oil, or diluted in a bath to assist with PMS, depression, stress, anxiety and tension, fluid retention, edema, eczema, shingles, cellulite, bruises, ringworm, hemorrhoids and menstrual irregularities.
- Cream or lotion
- As a constituent in a blended cream or lotion, rose geranium essential oil can be used for clearing sluggish and oily skin, as well as wound, burn and ulcer healing and has value to treat eczema, repelling insects, shingles, cellulite, ringworm, bruises and engorgement of the breasts.
- Rose geranium oil can also be diluted in shampoo to help with head lice.
It has a general diuretic effect on the body and balances the water systems in the body, correcting any poor elimination of water and waste material. It is useful for treating jaundice, gall stones and can also be used for restraining nose bleeds and other hemorrhaging.
Geranium oil is not indicated to cause any side effects, since it is non-toxic, non-irritant and generally non-sensitizing, yet can cause sensitivity in some people. Due to the fact that it balances the hormonal system, it might not be a good idea to use in pregnancy.