BMJNature

The Company’s Garden is situated in Queen Victoria Street, at the top of Adderley Street, and adjacent to the South African Parliament. It takes its name from the Dutch East India Company who first started the garden in 1652 for the victualing of their ships that plied the spice trade route between Europe and the East Indies, via The Cape of Good Hope.

The Company’s Garden is a provincial heritage site and like all things organic, it is a dynamic entity, always growing and developing.

View original post

Advertisements