Succulent, juicy Lamb shanks marinated in celebrated spices. The Yoghurt and Mint sauce elevates this dish to Royale fare. Serve with cumin roast potatoes, yoghurt and mint sauce and golden onions.
- 10 ml green chillies (pounded)
- 5 ml each garlic and ginger (pounded)
- salt to taste
- 7 ml red masala
- 10 ml mustard
- 10 ml Black pepper
- cloves and cinnamon to place into the meat
- 1,5 kg lamb shanks
- 500 ml yoghurt
- 125 ml finely chopped mint
- 10-12 small onions, peeled.
- Combine all spices. Make slits in the shanks, push in cloves and cinnamon. Rub spices well into the shanks. Mix yoghurt and mint and marinate over night.
- Place onions, marinated lamb and sauce in potjie pot. Place the cubed potatoes around the side. Cook in Jackpot on low heat for 2,5 hours, adding a little water as necessary.
Cubed Cumin potatoes
- 500 ml potatoes peeled and…
View original post 30 more words