My hands always seem to suffer gardening, with so much scrubbing removing the dirt, becoming chapped and dry. I have been looking around for some time now for home made hand cream using all natural ingredients, as well as Beeswax.
Yes I have found the perfect recipe. Foolproof, a wonderful light scent, and a cream rich enough to not only keep your hands and cuticles looking, but also works wonders on your elbows and heels as well.
Lavender hand cream also makes a wonderful gift and can be adapted to use different scents or even be thinned to use in a hand pump.
- 1/3 cup sweet Almond Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2 Tables spoons Olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon grated Beeswax
- 30 to 35 drops Lavender Essential Oil
Combine the oils in a small saucepan over e medium head until just warm, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in grated beeswax, stirring until completely melted.
Place in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes to cool the oil, then stir in Lavender essential oil. Pour the cream into a container, and allow to cool.
- For a thinner consistency to use with a pump, use only 2 tablespoons beeswax.
- For a thicker salve like consistency, use 4 tablespoons beeswax
- Try other Essential Oils like Lemon, orange, clove, peppermint, or some other floral scent.