bacon, butter, cheese, dinner, food, garlic, leeks, macaroni, macaroni cheese, milk, mushroom, onions, pasta, recipe, slice tomato, spinach, sweet basil, vegetarian
Vegetable Macaroni Cheese
It is meat free Monday again today.
- Cook required amount of macaroni according to instructions.
- Chop onion, garlic,mushrooms, spinach, leeks and herbs of your choice. I use sweet basil, oregano and Winter Savory.
- Microwave for 3 minutes on high.
- Melt tablespoon butter with the chopped ingredients.
- Add flour to make a thick paste
- Add milk slowly, stirring to make a smooth sauce. (make the required amount according to how much macaroni is being cooked.)
- Cook in microwave a minute at a time stirring each minute, until the sauce is thick.
- Melt cheddar cheese in sauce.
- Mix with Macaroni.
- Sprinkle cheese on the top together with some slice tomato.
- For a non meat free option, add rashers of bacon.
- Grill in oven till brown.
Pingback: Macaroni Recipe « muffins&mocha
Pingback: Meat free Monday – Baby Marrow and broad bean salad | aristonorganic